Make sure you're always on the best and most current firmware for your PowerTap products. Update the PowerTap Joule, Joule GPS, and G3 hub through PowerAgent 7.5.
Current Firmware 18.057, released May 13, 2013
- The current bike is now stored in system settings so that it is retained if you change the battery or reset the unit.
- Improved messaging when memory is almost full.
- Fixed issue where if you erase more than one ride from PowerAgent, the device resets to the bootloader
- Fixed issue where the Torque was off by a factor of 8.851
- Fixed issue where if you select "Stop recording" when memory full, the device shuts off and will not stay on.
- You can now adjust current power and cadence refresh rate based on a rolling average. This must be done through PowerAgent.
- Fixed issue where pairing to a different HR sensor required Sleep/wake or AC reset
- Improved the low battery threshold detection.
- Fixed issue where the upper cadence value was always dashes
- Fixed issue where the power would go to zero if the cadence sensor was lost
- Fixed issue where the Watts/kg did not go to zero if power meter was lost
- The cadence from a cadence meter is now used instead of the cadence from a hub based power meter.
- The minimum altitude is now -1000 m.
- Fixed issue where the Joule could sometimes pair to G3 hub but could not "find" it.
- Changed the elevation averaging to improve the altitude gained/lost calculation.
- Fixed issue where the Watts/kg was always zero
- Fixed issue where the top metric on dashboard three changed to cadence if you pressed the AC button or updated the firmware.
Current Firmware 19.076, released August 7, 2013
- Added the ability to rotate the dashboard metrics by holding the -/+ button for 3 seconds.
- Added Average Power and Average Cadence with or without zero option.
- Added the ability to configure display averaging for power and cadence metrics.
- Added Route Directions dashboard which shows all of the turn by turn directions. This dashboard functions like a ride cue sheet.
- The interval button now works when speed is zero.
- Added time ahead/behind to the Ride Partner category.
- Enhanced GPS acquisition status at start up.
- You can now hide the popup Turn by Turn notifications when on the map screen.
- Added a "Manual Zero" link to the Sensor menu.
- Added a reverse course warning.
- On the PowerBeam Manual Calibration screen, reversed the sign of the calibration factor number.
- On the PowerBeam Manual Calibration screen, the steps are now larger.
- Changed "Use Home Altitude" selection to a yes/no pull down menu.
- Zoom distance on the Map Dashboard is now saved when switching to other dashboards.
- Shortened the hold time for switching to the menus, or back to dashboard, or find, etc.
- Changed the Map Dashboard layout to show the turn directions above the user selected metrics.
- Changed the surge count metric window to show 4-6w/kg, 6-8w and 8w+ surges (removed the 10+).
- Improved the "End of Route Reached" logic.
- The device no longer records data when doing a PowerBeam manual calibration.
- Changed the routing so that the route can be ridden backwards without causing an off-route warning.
- The torque shown on the Manual Zero screen is now shown in ft-lbs for more accuracy.
- Improved GPS acquisition time.
- Changed the direction pointer on route screen to that it doesn't appear to go beyond the turn at certain zoom levels
- Changed the surge count calculation.
- Changed the time in zones calculation.
- The device no longer shuts off if you select "Stop recording" when memory full.
- Fixed issue where February 28 was shown as March 0 (zero).
Current Firmware 16.056, released December 16, 2013