Why Train with Power?
As The Leader in Power no other brand has put as much effort into perfecting the concept of power-based training as PowerTap. Far more than just handing you the tool, we want you to understand the training process so you can get the most out of your training.
Training with PowerIt's time to take the mystery out of training
It's no secret training can be confusing. Just remember it all comes down to balancing how much work you do with your body's response.
The Power Advantage
Most training systems only allow you to measure your body's response to the work. The actual amount of work you perform remains a mystery - or at best an estimate. Why is this a problem? Doing too much work means injury and overtraining risk. Too little means you're not getting the maximum benefits you want. When power is measured your training becomes that much more effective.
Having a constant measure of power helps you:
- Establish your baseline fitness
- Accurately measure even the smallest fitness gains
- Quantify intensity, duration and frequency - instead of guessing
- Prevent overtraining
- Accurately measure energy use for nutrition planning
- Pace properly for time trials or set yourself up for a successful run