Grassroots Athletes Program
PowerTap Will Provide
- Online education through Saris Cycling Group (SCG) Training Camp.
- 55% discount off one product from Saris, CycleOps and PowerTap (as well as 55% off unlimited accessories) – Shipping Included.
- PowerTap T-Shirt.
- PowerTap Swag and Banners for events.
- Athletes will be recognized via map on PowerTap.com (view this year's map).
- Opportunity to visit PowerTap headquarters in Madison, WI.
- Additional brand education through webinars.
- Clinic outlines for seminars.
PowerTap Grassroots Athlete Responsibilities
- Conduct 4 PowerTap Events with local cycling and triathlete groups (opportunity for product giveaways). Receive email address of all attendees.
- Attend/view all PowerTap webinars (up to 3 per year).
- Be an active advocate for the PowerTap brand on Slowtwitch and other cycling forums online and off.
- Complete SCG Training Camp for all 3 brands (Saris, CycleOps and PowerTap) – must do all 3 before receiving discount code.
- Share and engage with SCG consumer campaigns on social media.
- Be willing to contribute to SCG blogs throughout the year.
- Allow all photos of SCG products to be used by SCG for marketing purposes, including but not limited to use on social media and website.
- Link to PowerTap.com from social media profile and/or bio.
- Passion for the bike & riding with power.
- Understands training with power.
- Influential and enthusiastic about growing the triathlete and cyclist community in your region.
- Approximately 5 – 10 hours a month to put towards the program.
Applications for 2017 are now closed.
PowerTap is proud to sponsor professional triathletes around the world who train and race with power to achieve their goals. By using the PowerTap system of products, including PowerTap cycling power meters, Joule computers and accessories, athletes are able to better analyze their training and use real-time results during competition to ensure they stay at the front come race day.
PowerTap is tested and proven by top athletes in the real world of competitive cycling. Because we’re committed to helping every rider, whether weekend racer or world-class pro, obliterate his or her best.
In 2014, GS CIAO (racing as Horizon Organic/Einstein Bros.) was the #1 ranked amateur men's team in the country. In 2015, we look forward to affirming our presence as one of the best teams in the country - ultimately building a Professional UCI Continental program capable of competing in the biggest races in North America. At the same time we strive to maintain our commitment to fostering younger talent, and remain present in our local community. We race as a team and #teamworkwinsraces!
For more information, visit: gsciaocycling.com
Androni Giocattoli is an Italian-based UCI Professional Continental Team led by the renowned Director Gianni Savio. The team has a long history of discovering and launching cycling stars, including Andrea Tafi, Romans Vainsteins, and Jackson Rodrigues, just to name a few.
The team races aggressively and consistently gets results, with a deep roster which saw 16 wins in 2012, including 2 Giro stages (Miguel Rubiano's stage 6 win and Roberto Ferrari's stage 11 win) and the Italian Road Race Championship, won by Franco Pellizotti.